Mitchell Summers writes from the heart of current issues. He deploys a sense of depth rarely seen in a new author, and it is refreshing to see the dynamic plot unfold in his debut. I have had the privilege of sitting in his corner while he flexed his wings and worked on his craft. It has been a pleasure to watch him grow and morph from a young man with a wide range of characters bubbling in his head into a focused author.
Metamorphosis is just the beginning for this author, and I am excited for everyone to grab a copy hot off the press when it rolls out April 1, 2020. It is with great pleasure, I recommend this new work to everyone.
Rich and handsome playboy, Valentino Velasquez holds the world in his hands.
He plays with the best; fast cars, faster women, designer clothes, jewellery, expensive holidays around the world—all courtesies attributed to his trust fund and family fortune.
Valentino’s silver spoon life appears glorious on the outside, but he lacks the one thing he finds unattainable—true love. Bianca Knowles hits the trendy hot spots in search of fun, flirting, and fantasy.
Her world is turned upside down when she enters into an agreement with Valentino.
On the surface the signed dotted line satisfies her requirements, but what she doesn’t count on is his genuine care for her and the longing for something more in the often fickle and superficial world he inhabits.
She’s not a trickster, but a secret she holds may be one too weighted to grow the feelings she and Valentino unexpectedly develop.
There comes a time when you think LJ Shen couldn’t create the anti-hero anymore messed up than the last. Fortunately for Shen, she goes to those places where the heart hurts and the revenge justifies the means. Shen molds the best of love and hate in Vaughn and Lenora…the juxtaposition and motif swirling around their dance is perfection! Then she adds the right amount of justifying a means to an end with Vicious and Emilia, bringing Angry God full circle. Every time I read a work from Shen it takes me weeks to process all the richness of the evils she rights, but she remains the queen of the anti-hero. In Vaughn Spencer and Lenora Astalis, she created a masterpiece of understanding why Angry God acknowledges the need for vigilantes to uphold the moral and ethical rights. Sometimes the law doesn’t serve justice.
Vaughn Spencer. They call him an angry god. To me, he is nothing but a heartless prince. His parents rule this town, its police, every citizen and boutique on Main Street. All I own is a nice, juicy grudge against him for that time he almost killed me. Between hooking up with a different girl every weekend, breaking hearts, noses and rules, Vaughn also finds the time to bully little ole’ me. I fight back, tooth and nail, never expecting him to chase me across the ocean after we graduate high school. But here he is, living with me in a dark, looming castle on the outskirts of London. A fellow intern. A prodigal sculptor. A bloody genius. They say this place is haunted, and it is. Carlisle Castle hides two of our most awful secrets. Vaughn thinks he can kill the ghosts of his past, but what he doesn’t know? It’s my heart he’s slaying.
Tyson Reese and Zara Mulaney move toward ending the reign of the evils of Lena Aarden. But of course, as all powerful leaders of the underworld know, you must be one step ahead of your lawful counterparts.
Zane Michaelson takes Selling my Soul to new heights in this powerful series. He never leaves one stone unturned, but also infuses the element of surprise and sacrifice by all. He slowly chips away at the bad guy and never makes it easy for the good ones. All in good time Michaelson fleshes out the evils and continues to prove being good is worth all the pain to get there.
Payback Is a Bitch’ Selling My Soul – Part Five by Zane Michaelson
Transformation Written in the Stars: Novella One By Maggie Jane Schuler and Morgan Heyward Live Now!!!
Barlett Legend abandoned her dream of finding a soulmate with the curse which befell her after college. She’s come to terms with the crushing blow and moved on to her career which appears on the up and up. That is, until she runs into her first crush. Handsome and unforgettable, Jordan Realta stepped directly into her path and stopped her cold. He’s everything she’s wanted, but fear of the past holds her captive. Jordan must find the key and solve the mystery before she fades away into the curse of the Capricorn
Grad Night sets into play ever educators frustrations with the triangle of the education system: The administration, the parents. and the students. Carver Pike lights up every surface issue plaguing the system and then drives the stake right into the center of the issue. Pike has a knack for pulling out the day to day and preying on the deeper senses of your imagination. Those normal things that shouldn’t curl your toenails and cause the hair on your neck to stand at attention, but he grabs those ordinary things and twists them into the deepest fears lurking in the recesses of your mind. A well played out horror story played on the ideals Hitchcok laid out decades ago that a good suspense horror is based on dramatic irony. However, it is apparent that Pike also plays off the satirical nature of mankind’s deepest evils—himself.
This is not YA horror, and these aren’t your typical teenagers.
The teachers at DS High know something’s not right. It’s the reason they don’t stay late to grade papers, they leave school in packs so nobody’s alone, and they stay away from the one boy with the cult-like following. Evil walks the high school hallways and everyone knows its name: James Bender.
They’ve made it through the school year unscathed. Well, almost. Now, the graduating class is planning something special for their favorite teachers. It’s by personal invite only.
Teachers are dying for an invitation. Here’s yours.
Join us at this year’s Grad Night party. It’ll be one you’ll never forget.
Carver Pike takes ordinary circumstances, cinches them tight with razor wire, and then saws back and forth. Gasp for air, holler for help, and pray for an end to the madness.
Dexter Collins wears his cocky suit on the outside, but inside, he’s a different kind of storm. His story isn’t one he’s wanted to share until Abigail slips into his thoughts and won’t leave. He’s maybe cocky in the firm, but when it comes to Abigail, he’s tormented and unrefined in her wake.
Sloane Howell and Alex Wolf create the perfect paradox in Dexter Collins. His dynamic character a perfect juxtaposition between his outside cockiness and inside momma’s boy heart. Unlike Decon and Decker, Dexter rides the fine line of quirky humor and wit with a filthy sexual appetite, but his emotions rise up upon his sleeve to those with a keen eye and listening ear. He’s everything Abigail hadn’t planned on but deep down she knows he’s pudding in her hand! Unfortunately careers, family, geography and egos always play a big part in breaking down the rules and Dex and Abby certainly break their own rules.
2010 – 2019 The decade soon to fall into a distant past came with many highlights, sacrifices, and growth.
• Came back from the dead! Literally…2009 changed my perspective for the ensuing decade.
• I turned 40 in 2010. The ’40s is where I hit my stride.
• I returned to teaching in 2010. Something I missed and didn’t realize it until I entrenched myself back in the ranks. This set off the chain of events which changed my path and brought back something I’d cast aside for the previous decades—me.
•Mr. and I have almost lived through raising three teenagers. We shipped all three off to college. Eldest completed his masters and came off the payroll. (took us 23 years to achieve this task but every step of sacrificing me was worth it!). Middle is two quarters away from setting his own path after college. Little had a rough start for the first semester, but by the end, she figured it out and is on her way to making a difference in the world. I wouldn’t change dedicating Me or Us to them as the results thus far have proved worth every ounce of pouring myself/ourselves into them.
• Celebrated three decades with the Mr. who captured my heart back in 1989. I didn’t realize it at eighteen, but now at forty-nine he always captured my heart even when I pushed him away for the first six months I knew him. He’s always known what he wants and he always drives toward that goal. He supports our family in every way from the roof over our heads to the dreams we all seek for ourselves and the collective. I’m not always easy and his support from the moment he knew we were a “we” has never wavered. Like I wrote before, he is my rock!
• However, finding me was part of this journey too.
•I completed my masters and it only fueled the nerd in me. I found the National Writing Project, became a fellow, and continue learning with like-minded folks who believe the reading writing path is interconnected. They know the system of education is broken but not the practice behind why we do what we do for students. I love researching with them and discovering new ways of conveying what everybody deserves—literacy in a confusing world of ever-changing rules.
• I discovered a new reading genre in romance. A genre I discounted for the previous three decades of my life. I still read all over the place, but I’ve found amazing authors with stories filled with real life, real situations, real heart headache, real love, and so much more.
• This reading romance books turned into an amazing journey. I can’t express enough how this has become a piece of me that needed exploring and filled missing pieces of my own puzzle. In 2017, I finally expressed the stories in my head and turned them into works others have enjoyed reading. This journey comes full circle with the reading writing continuum on a personal level; one I cherish with each author, reader, blogger, photographer, model, and more involved with this industry. There are so many great people I’ve met along this path. Each providing me more hope in the crazy world we live in. Each unique and supportive in ways I never found in other industries. This indie world is a big family—some you love dearly as family members, others are the cantankerous relatives who challenge you at times when you’re not expecting it, and then the good friends who make you feel welcome no matter the issue at hand. All of these relationships have helped this decade turn into one of the greatest changes I’ve experienced in my lifetime.
• It is my hope that this next decade, the “twenties,” perhaps not roaring, but still soaring and continuing to force me into challenging myself to reach new heights. If I can make my mark in changing something in the educational paradigm, write more works which bring my stories into the hands of more readers, read more great works, and watch my children take flight on the path of life with Mr. by my side every step of the way, then I’ll consider this next decade a win.
To say this has been a cathartic journey from 2010 to 2019 only mildly expresses how much I’ve grown as a human being this last decade. So my wishes for everyone out there is Happy New Year, follow your dreams, follow your heart, and most importantly don’t forget the “Me” in you along your own path. Godspeed XXOOXX Maggie Jane
The world dulled when you decided the fate of my future. Our son speaks of you as a superhero, and I grapple with the idea I wasn’t good enough to keep you here, safe—with us. I spend my days working to support our son, and my nights turn into one endless string of reckless decisions because reality provides no comfort. The truth of the situation buried deep down, since you’re gone, and I stand drowning in my own grief.
Along the shore, there’s a lady whose torment captured me the first time her aura caught my eye. Her beauty holds steady behind the mask she wears every morning. Something about her piques my interest as the days go by, and I know deep inside my mission beckons to uncover her secret and bring her back among the living. Written in her body language, speaks a familiar road I traveled. A road of sorrow nobody deserves stranded alone in its strangled web.